Bring out the elephant hunters! We're not talking about an African safari - were talking about your company.
It doesn't really matter where you fit in an organization, your role is critical to daily functions and operations. After attending ACETECH's "Overcoming Dysfunction To Create A High Performance Team" by Hank Fortener we wanted to reflect on our original takeaway's from the event .
1. "What good looks like and how to get there" - Optimal relationships should include:
Porosity - The ability to receive (You need to be open to feedback and suggestions from others)
Candor- The quality of being open and honest ( Express your thoughts honestly)
2. "Unbiased advice and guidance" -Accountability only part of the equation. We evolve from being Apathetic (lack of interest) to Empathetic ( Understanding ones condition) as we develop the following traits :
- Generosity: Our ability to give a damn about someone else.
- Vulnerability: Our ability to be vulnerable with those around us.
- Candor: Our ability to be open and honest
- Accountability: Our ability to do our best
3. "Avoid costly mistakes" - Alignment around decision making is very important. This doesn't mean from the top-down but more equalized across the board. Everyone has an opportunity to identify critical weaknesses or "elephants" which may drastically change the long-term productivity and profitability in an organization.
My day wasn't focused around clients or prospects, it was about my team. The root of innovative companies is ultimately utilization of a team to pursue a common goal.
What do you think?
The Base Team
Insurance made easy. How we can make insurance better for you?